Cataracts is the clouding of the natural lens of the eye, resulting in blurred vision. A common condition, occurring in 91% of people aged 60 years and over. The most common effect of cataract on vision are:
- Rapidly changing spectacle prescription
- Poor color vision
- Cloudy / Blurred vision
- Glare or scattering of light at night
cataracts treatment is by removing the natural cloudy lens by a simple surgical procedure using the gold standard technique of phacoemulsification. At Ayaan Eye care Center (AEC) has simplified the cataract surgery in Muscat as there is:
- No injection
- No pain
- No hospital admission
- No stitch
- Small incision size
- No eye patch applied; patient goes back with open eyes.
- Routine movement the next day
- No need for eye glasses in over 90% of patients
Cataract eye surgery in Muscat is performed with an innovative ultrasound-based extraction at our state-of-the-art Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) by one of our experienced, Western qualified eye surgeons. Cataract surgery is a quick procedure that restores your vision and can even give you 20/20 eyesight.
If you have cataracts or are experiencing changes in your vision, please contact our eye doctors at Ayaan Eye care Center (AEC) to schedule your eye exam today.
Our ophthalmologists realize you may have many questions regarding eye surgery for cataract and your available options. Some of the information and products we feel you should be aware of include:
- Phacoemulsification: In this procedure a tiny incision is made on your eye by numbing your eyes with anesthesia eye drops and gel. During procedure natural cloudy lens is broken into small pieces and sucked in the machine in a very controlled manner. During the procedure patient do not feel any pain, some pressure sensation is usual to be felt. After removal of the cloudy lens and artificial lens in placed in the eye to perform the function that cloudy lens used to perform. Based on the lens implant more than 90% of patients do not require eye glasses for either distance, near or both after surgery.
- Monofocal intraocular lens: If you have monofocal lens implanted during the surgery, you may no not need glasses for the distance or near based on your lifestyle. You may wear eye-glasses for the clear vision for other distances. At Ayaan Eye Center (AEC) we us high quality hydrophobic acrylic material from the best manufacturing companies from USA, Germany or Japan.
- Multifocal intraocular lens: These lenses are high technology premium intraocular lenses gives the patient true independence from eye glasses after cataract surgery for both near and distance vision. You eye examination before surgery and during the surgery will give your fitness for the implantation of these lens.
- Toric intraocular lens: If you have very high astigmatism before undergoing cataract surgery, these lenses gives you an opportunity for the correction of astigmatism following cataract surgery and independence from eye glasses.